Phoenix Centre responds to COVID-19 Virus with temporary service changes
The Phoenix Centre for Children and Families has about 400 children/youth/families actively receiving services every month. The risk of exposure of someone who may have COVID-19 appears to be increasing every day and many measures have been taking place to contain the spread as much as possible. This includes closure of schools and of gatherings of large groups of people as well has non-essential services employees working from home.
The Phoenix Centre has established a service protocol which it believes supports the containment efforts, but also provides access to mental health services.
As of March 17, 2020 The Phoenix Centre will initiate the following:
- Limited face to face client services will be offered until Public Health agency has determined the pandemic is over.
- Only the Pembroke site (130 Pembroke St., Pembroke) will remain open during this period, with a receptionist available on site from 10 am and noon and 1 to 2 pm Monday to Thursday.
- Walk in Clinics will not operate during this period of time.
- Current individuals and families working with The Phoenix Centre will be contacted by their therapist by phone to arrange for a schedule of check-ups.
- New referrals and calls may be made to our main number (1-800-465-1870) during office hours and will have access to a therapist, who will provide assistance similar to a walk in referral.
- Crisis will be responded to during work hours as usual. After hours the Child and Youth Crisis Line for Eastern Ontario can be accessed at 1-877-377-7775. This Crisis system can refer to Phoenix Centre for follow up the next working day.
- Access to free meeting space at the Phoenix Centre office will be closed until further notice.
We feel that these measures will help to prevent the spread of the virus, but allow us to maintain our ability to offer basic services to children, youth and families.
Should anyone have any questions or concerns about the COVID-19 virus, please contact Renfrew County Public Health unit at 613-732-3629 or visit their website at www.rcdhu.com.
We know that this is a very stressful time for everyone living in Renfrew County and beyond. Our communities are resilient and resourceful and we have no doubts that life will return to normal.